Friday, September 17, 2010

I Think I've Finally Found It

My last post, as far away as it seems, was about my new quest to find my true passion. I can happily say that I think I have actually found it! I thought it would take quite a long time to discover, but after spending almost 3 months teaching preschool in Egypt I have realized how much I truly love my job. I can talk about it nonstop, I can make preschool plans for an endless amount of time, and I find myself looking forward to my work. That being said, there have been some very difficult situations, some extremely hard days, and some instances where I have just wanted to give up. But through it all God has helped me try to stay positive, shed His character to those around me, and keep up my motivation. In reality, every job will have its ups and downs, but until now I have never found something that I continually hunger for and never grown weary of. Yes, there are days that I am ready to just come upstairs to my apartment and forget the worries of the preschool, but after I bounce back I am ready to step on the gas pedal again. I've realized that teaching preschool is an area that I am passionate about, and I believe that God chose for me to be here this year and that this is right where He wants me. I am learning so much, enjoying my job and my life, and growing in areas I never could have imagined I would. I thank God for sending me to Egypt and to this job, and I am so thankful for all of the preschool families, and the children especially. I have found my passion...my quest is complete!

4 comments:

Ali said...

YAY!!! I'm so happy for you! That's awesome and I'm so happy you were led to this job that helped you figure out your passion. God always knows best and provides what we need, eh?

Unfiltered said...

I'm really happy you have found something you can be passionate about. I hope the year has more discoveries in store for you too.

Unknown said...

Boo! That is so fantastic, having your job be your passion makes going to work each day a joy. Love you baby sis.

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Would you allow me to kiss your adorable feets in the Great Beyond? Hope so. See ya soon. God bless you.