Wednesday, December 30, 2009

new developments...

i am currently at a loss for what to do with my life next year. i thought i had a plan, and i did, but now there is potential for more than one pathway that i could take next year. my plan for as long as i can remember was to be a student missionary, if possible the year after i graduated from college. so i have kept this idea in the front of my mind all throughout my college experience. i was planning to figure out during this coming semester where i want to go as an SM next year. but now it seems that i have to decide what i'm going to do in a very short amount of time. i got a message from a girl who used to take violin lessons from my former violin teacher. she's been teaching at the community music school in my hometown of kelowna for the past few years i believe. so she told me that saw i was studying music and graduating this school year, and then she said that the music school is looking for a new suzuki violin teacher for next school year...to start teaching in the fall. the music school is apparently having a meeting in a couple weeks to discuss this issue, which means that i need to make a decision pretty quickly. i realize that it's not a job that i for sure would get just if i say i'm interested, but if i do say i'm interested then there's potential for me to get the job. so now i don't know what to do. i hadn't wanted to come back to my hometown right away after graduating, but since this opportunity has come to me, i'm wondering if it might be an opportunity from God. my first thought was that although it was pretty cool (seeing as that's exactly the type of work i would want to eventually do) i still wanted to stick to my plan of being an SM. but after thinking about it and talking to my family i'm wondering if maybe i should tell them i'm interested. then i can leave it up to God...if i get the job then that will hopefully be what he wants me to do, for the time being at least...and if i don't then that will be my sign to be a student missionary next year. anyways that's the new news in my life recently. my plan for now is to pray about it this coming week and see where that takes me...

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I agree, leave your options open and God will see it through - whichever it is!

Ali said...

That was an impressive offer. I'm glad you thought and prayed and came to a decision on the matter. Good to see you moving forward with what you chose!