Friday, April 10, 2009

my composition...

so for analysis of musical forms class i had to write a canon the other week. a canon is a contrapuntal composition that employs a melody with one or more imitations of the melody played after a given duration. a simple example is row, row, row your boat. anyways, i wrote it between my classes on the day it was due and finished it on time to hand in. it's a 2 voice canon in c major, with the 2nd voice coming in at an octave below after one measure. so now i will let you hear this amazingly inspired composition, haha...



now we have to write the exposition of a fugue, which will be millions of times harder. it's supposed to be kind of like the equivalent of a term paper. so we'll see how that goes...

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Bryn... great post. ( It reminds me that I still have to finish my canon.)

Ali said...

I love it! It's a million times better than "Wizard Lizards" haha. Does the canon have a name yet?

Jonathan Gerrans said...

Cool!

Bryn said...

haha nope its pretty much just canon in c major at this point, if you think of a good name let me know

Tyler said...

That rocked! You should make more, and sell them at a profit.